U.s. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulates cosmetics in the United States defines cosmetics: "intended to apply to the human body for cleansing, adorning accessible, promote attractive or change appearance without affecting the body structure or function." This broad definition includes materials intended for use as an ingredient of a cosmetic product.
Producers distinguish between decorative cosmetics and skin care cosmetics. Decorative cosmetics including Foundation, lipstick, rouge, Nail Polish, mascara, eye liner, etc. Skin care cosmetics is includes products to cleanse your face and body skin, skin creams and lotions to moisturize the face and body, sunscreens that protect the skin against harmful UV radiation and products to repair or conceal skin flaws such as acne, wrinkles, dark circles under the eyes, etc.
In ancient time have cosmetics used by humans. I get the harmful substances such as mercury and lead. Many adverse side-effects have occurred since it uses these cosmetics, for example: blindness after use mascara look, to death after the use cosmetics contain mercury and lead. They happened because there are no provisions in the manufacturers.
During the 20th century increased popularity of cosmetic products quickly. You should have a consciousness in cosmetics as you did, since, in particular for women, cosmetics are used routinely. Here are tips that you can select and use decorative cosmetics and skin care cosmetics safely:
1. If you use decorative cosmetics, check that the color additives are allowed by the FDA. Color additives not approved by the FDA are sometimes colors for textile, food and cosmetics. Some color additives may cause allergies, even cancer.
2. determine the FDA was approved in its label. This approval also includes materials intended for use as an ingredient of a cosmetic product. This is done by using this product without hesitation.
3. Using cosmetics and skin care cosmetics correctly. Read carefully, especially cosmetics for eyes. Prolonged use of cosmetic has also been applied to the skin thickening eyelashes.
4. Synthetic scent, derived from petroleum, lauryl sulphate (SLS) and parabens can cause dermatitis and allergic reactions. If you have sensitive skin, I suggest you to use organic cosmetic products. Find out "certified organic" in its label it insurance you get the best natural ingredient from organically grown.
5. number of technologies, such as microdermabrasion, and physical or chemical health food industry including skin care cosmetics. So read carefully the instructions and you will receive the younger layers of the skin appears more supple, youthful and supple.
6. Select your skin care cosmetics suitable with your type of skin.
Retno Kuswantoro is a pharmacist. As a pharmacist, she often gives some advises patients about skin care products related to their skin problems. To find out her skin products guide. Provides the best information on the best skin care cosmetics, including skin care tips!